To be truly happy you need success to touch all the areas of your life and the great thing is you get to decide what success looks like, smells like and feels like!
Most successful people were not born with success habits or learnt them in school.
Just as people train to become a teacher, doctor, lawyer, brother, sister etc. Successful people train themselves to become successful by creating success habits one by one and day by day.
You can train yourself to be certain, hopeful, committed, dedicated or loving.
You get people who laugh all the time even at dumb jokes because they have conditioned themselves to find the humor in things.
There is so much similarity between training yourself emotionally, mentally as you would physically.
You can take as long as you want to train for success. It depends on how often you do it and your level of commitment. Think about a weight trainer the moment he/she stops lifting weights he/she starts to loose muscle! Training for success is the same, when we stop, we lose momentum.
One of the reasons I became a coach and a personal developer was because I started reading books on success principles and one day I thought if you really commit to learning, understanding and living out these principles your life would be unbelievably extraordinary.
It’s almost impossible for success not to be the most dominant experience and your reality when your mind is immersed in successful principles and you take action every day to create success habits.
If you learn and implement the things successful people do you will become successful.
Although we all have a different perspective of what success looks like a few common things truly successful people have in common are:
- They create a healthy level of routine, order and self-discipline in their lives (personally and professionally)
- Know what they want – they have a clear big vision and they don’t let anyone talk them out of it
- Articulate what steps and activities will support them in reaching their goals, vision
- Embrace change – adapt and adjust when necessary
- Take consistent action
- Master their time – prioritize and plan effectively
- Identify and eliminate the things that distract them from reaching their goals
- Continuously do what it takes to become and remain problem and toleration free. Face full on what isn’t working
- Complete everything they start (100% not 99% or less)
- Have the ability to handle adversity when they are faced with a challenge or difficulty. They go around it, over it, it but they never back off! They act in spite of
- Have a high level of self-care and self-love
- Have a spiritual routine (visualization, meditation, gratification)
- Know what their gifts are and turn them into strengths (everyone has gifts that can be developed into a strengths)
- Build a powerful support team and delegate what they can (especially the things that are their weakness)
- Take 100% responsibility for their life and what shows up in it
- Give up their excuses
- Bury their story for once and for all
- Give up blaming others, self, their circumstances and complaining
- Commit to never ending improvement
If up to date success as you see it hasn’t touched all the areas of your life and you continue as you are the chances are nothing will be different next month, next year or in 30 years time.
Reading about success and memorizing what you learn is great but that alone will not make you successful.
Understanding and utilizing what you learn is what counts too and will make the difference.
All successful people get help. Asking for help is one of the most powerful resources available for creating success and yet it is the most un-used. Having someone support you and believe in you can make creating success a lot quicker and a lot more enjoyable!
Instead of waiting for things to magically happen this month I encourage you to get help whether that helper be a trusted friend, relative, colleague or you hire a coach I highly recommend you follow this success principle.
Print the success list above and start creating one success habit a month – feel free to share this list with as many people as you like or feel would benefit from it.
If you would like some help from me I would love to support you! So please email firstname.lastname@example.org or Telephone: 250 218 3951 and see if what I have to offer is for you!!
Bye for now
“I believe in you – it’s time to go for it”
Sue 250 218 3951